- Individual Psychotherapy
- Relationship Psychotherapy Group
- Privacy Policies
Child & Family Center
William Alanson White Institute
20 W. 74th Street, NYC
Parent Center Information
The William Alanson White Institute (WAWI) is a world-renowned training and treatment center. The Parent Center is a part of the Institute’s Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy Training Program and Child and Family Center. The Parent Center is currently focused on community mental health and outreach. We provide interactive workshops for parents in local public and private schools. At these workshops parents can air concerns and get questions answered.
The Parent Center outreach program presents at schools on timely topics, helping to develop sound approaches to some of the most pressing parenting issues of the day. There are no parenting manuals that can realistically speak to the unique needs of each family. Our mission is to help parents understand child development and provide new perspectives, tools and strategies. Below are some of the topics that we address during our workshops.
● BULLY PROOF YOUR CHILD: Empathy in Action
● BECOMING A MINDFUL PARENT: Calm at the Heart of the Storm
● SETTING LIMITS: How to Set Limits and Feel Good About It
● HOW TO TALK TO CHILDREN ABOUT DIFFICULT SUBJECTS, including illness, death, scary situations
● HOW TO TALK TO CHILDREN ABOUT HEALTHY BODY IMAGE in the 21st Century
● SUPPORTING EMOTIONAL RESILIENCE: Building a foundation for the future
● HOW CHILDREN DEVELOP EMPATHY AND WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
● HOW DO I KNOW IF MY CHILD IS STRUGGLING WITH SELF ESTEEM?
● HELICOPTER OR OSTRICH? Finding your parenting sweet spot between under-supervised and Overprotective.
● CHILD’S PLAY: The serious job of playing with your child
● CREATING A BALANCED SCHEDULE: How and why to avoid the overscheduling trap.
● STRESS AND ANXIETY: How to help your child develop coping skills now
● ELECTRONICS AND THE MEDIA
● CREATING POSITIVE ROUTINES FOR A SANE HOME
If your parent association would like us to speak to the parent group at your school, please contact either Todd Germain at Todd@Reflective-parenting.com or Lisa Dubinsky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe that all parents should have access to parenting support. In addition to our workshops we offer our Parent Education & Guidance (PEG) service for parents, and child psychotherapy at the Child & Family Center of the William Alanson White Institute. If you are interested in parent guidance you can bring your parenting concerns to the Child & Family Center. We will support you to further develop skills and improve parent-child relationships. If you would like more information about any of our services please contact Dr. Susan Rose at (212) 787-7016 for a personal conversation about your needs.