Wiki Psychoanalytic Calendar
CAPTP Play Therapy with Very Young Children
Course Dates: February 5, 12 and 26
Time: 7:30 pm to 9:00.
Continuing Education Credits/Contact Hours 4.5
This course will discuss therapeutic techniques of working with children ages 3 to 6, their parents and teachers. The instructor will also provide suggestions on setting up a play/office space, important supplies, initial sessions with parents and the child, and interfacing with schools. While this is not a course on theory, we will touch on the importance of the understanding the child's development in all areas of functioning and family dynamics, which are essential in treating a child.
Instructor: Lisa Dubinsky, Psy.D., M.S.W. is Faculty, Supervisor and Co-Director of Recruitment and Admissions of the Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy Training Program, William Alanson White Institute. She is an early childhood consultant at mainstream preschools and maintains a private practice working with children and adults.
- 1. Participants will gain insight in terms of their interface with schools and how they can you be helpful to the teacher and the director of the preschool.
- 2. Participants will understand what a consultant does when working with young children and their parents?
- 3. Participants will learn ways to assess a young child's symbolic play skills,
- 4. Participants will be given suggestions on setting up a play/therapy room.
- 5. Participants will be given suggestions about working with parents.